The Mission of the Tampa Bay Auburn Club is Twofold:
- To foster the spirit of Auburn throughout Tampa Bay
- To help provide local Tampa students the financial means to attend Auburn University – many of whom would not otherwise have the opportunity to attend
Your support is needed to accomplish both parts of this Mission – through time (find out more at a quarterly Info Meeting) and/or financial contributions!!
Three Ways to Contribute Financially:
- The Prentis S Howard Scholarship is supported by the Tampa Bay Auburn Club at the endowed level (An endowment is a gift held in perpetuity and invested to provide a stable funding source for scholarships and other campus initiatives. Gifts are placed in a fund and a portion of the income earned from that fund finances a scholarship for deserving students, now and in the future). Only 6 other Clubs in the country have a Century Level Endowment! As of November 2017, the Prentis S Howard Scholarship has a Market Value of $266,309. The goal is to reach a fully funded scholarship level – which is nearing $300K. With the Interest now taking care of over half of the nearly $12K needed each year for this scholarship, when the shortfall is paid in Feb, we’ll be around $260K or about $40K short of having the Scholarship Fully Funded so that the Club does not start out in a deficit each year.
- The Tampa Ten Program was announced in honor of the 50th Anniversary of the signing of the Club’s Articles of Incorporation! The Goal is to have 10 $25K Endowed Scholarships in place in the next 10 Years! These would each generate $1K annual Scholarships! If interested in starting a $25K Scholarship this year with a One Time Payment OR paying over 5 Years, please email email@example.com with Subject Line “Tampa Ten Scholarship”
- Golf Tournament – To request golf tournament sponsorship and player options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*****Important***** Please check here to see if your company participates in 1:1, 2:1 or even 3:1 matching programs to help maximize your gift – http://www.matchinggifts.com/auburn
To contribute to the Prentis S Howard Scholarship, please click the button below to choose your desired amount. It’s quick, easy and secure!
If you prefer, you can always drop a check in the mail to: Tampa Bay Auburn Club P. O. Box 10366 Tampa, FL 33679
OR if you would like to get Credit with Auburn through the Auburn University Foundation, please send email to email@example.com with Subject Line “Auburn Scholarship Contribution” and additional info will be sent to you.
Thank You for helping send Top Tampa students to Auburn University!!
Scholarship Application Info for Students
Once you’ve applied and been accepted to Auburn, go to http://www.auburn.edu/scholarship/ausom/and start your application to register for freshmen and general scholarships. Here’s a copy of the flyer as well – AUSOM Flyer
For those of you interested in applying for a Tampa Bay Auburn Club Scholarship, there is no need to apply. As long as you’ve applied to Auburn using a Hillsborough, Pinellas or Pasco County address, you will be in the top tier of applicants. The General Scholarship Committee will look at students from these areas and based on their ACT score, GPA and school/community involvement will help them choose who to assign our club’s scholarships. No one from the TBAC is involved with making these decisions.
Good luck to all of you who plan to go to Auburn. If you or anyone else you know is interested in attending Auburn in the Fall of 2018, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the student, their parents’ names, their physical address, email address and phone number so we can make sure they get an invitation to our annual freshmen sendoff.
“I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully…” – George Petrie, The Auburn Creed